Yesterday I had a follow-up ultrasound and a Dr's appointment so wanted to update everyone.
The baby is now estimated to weigh 6 lbs 7 oz, which is average for his age (36 weeks). Next week I am supposed to be full term so if he were to come any time next week he should no longer need to go into the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Yeah!
At my last ultrasound we found that the baby had cyst by his right kidney. At the ultrasound yesterday we found that more cysts have appeared on his right kidney so now I have to talk to a children Urologist to see what this means. So far I know that it will either mean nothing or his kidney will need to be removed but I won't know for sure until I talk to the Urologist and the baby is examined when he is born. I have lived fine with just one good working kidney so so should he. Keep him in your prayers.
Here is info on his condition: http://www.childrensmemorial.org/depts/fetalhealth/fetal_mcdk.aspx
The baby is still breech so we need to determine if I want the doctors to externally try to turn him via a procedure called version or see if the baby will turn on his own. If he doesn't turn, I'll have to schedule a c-section for the week of May 11th. I'll keep you guys posted.
Besides all this, feeling well and growing! Not necesarily at the point where I need him OUT! :-)
Wacky Watermelon - Video Post
3 years ago
I'm prayin' for ya hon!
ReplyDelete