Sebastian was born on May 8th, 2009 via scheduled c-section at 11:20am. He was 7lbs and measured 19 inches long.
His birth story starts back to May 1st, the day we went in for a scheduled version to try and turn him from being breech. I was in the hospital for the appointment but they kept pushing me to a later time because L&D was busy. During the waiting period they saw that my blood pressure was a bit elevated so they ran some tests. The results showed that I was mildly pre-eclamptic.
The doctors suggested that I have Sebastian that night to minimize risk but we decided to wait it out to give Sebastian's lungs an opportunity to continue to develop since they couldn't guarantee that he wouldn't have problems with his longs given that he wasn't into the 39 weeks (I was 37 1/2 weeks then). I was admited into the hospital for observation and then was released on Sunday, May 3rd, with strict bedrest orders.
I went to see my Dr on Tuesday and my labs came out similar to the weekend. So, we decided on a scheduled c-section for Friday, May 8th.
Friday we went into L&D for our schedule c-section. The procedure took about 40 minutes and Sebastian arrived at 11:20am. Sebastian's lungs definitely were well developed so we were very happy! Below are a few pictures from that day.
Here is Mommy on her way to the hospital.
His birth story starts back to May 1st, the day we went in for a scheduled version to try and turn him from being breech. I was in the hospital for the appointment but they kept pushing me to a later time because L&D was busy. During the waiting period they saw that my blood pressure was a bit elevated so they ran some tests. The results showed that I was mildly pre-eclamptic.
The doctors suggested that I have Sebastian that night to minimize risk but we decided to wait it out to give Sebastian's lungs an opportunity to continue to develop since they couldn't guarantee that he wouldn't have problems with his longs given that he wasn't into the 39 weeks (I was 37 1/2 weeks then). I was admited into the hospital for observation and then was released on Sunday, May 3rd, with strict bedrest orders.
I went to see my Dr on Tuesday and my labs came out similar to the weekend. So, we decided on a scheduled c-section for Friday, May 8th.
Friday we went into L&D for our schedule c-section. The procedure took about 40 minutes and Sebastian arrived at 11:20am. Sebastian's lungs definitely were well developed so we were very happy! Below are a few pictures from that day.
Here is Mommy on her way to the hospital.
He is such a good looking little guy! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteAll in all its a great birth story! Sebastian in just beautiful !!! =)
ReplyDelete